Many companies have difficulty creating a quality website and need a good hosting provider. There are so many options so it can be hard to find who has the best services at the lowest rates. That’s where Bluehost comes in, because they have great hosting services starting at $2.95/month. Normally hosting is very expensive but Bluehost is offering a 67% discount if you sign up today! This article will teach you how to create a Bluehost account in 5 minutes. As an added bonus, we are going to teach you how to build a website on Bluehost.
Disclaimer: Some of the links within this blog post are affiliate links, which means if you end up clicking through and making a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you
So, I’m going to show you the easiest way to build a website with Bluehost. Bluehost can make great blogs, ecommerce sites, and more! So many people asked me how to build a website on Bluehost so i thought I would share some information. We’re going to use Wordpress which is an amazing piece of software and we’ll go from the very start all the way to the very finish you don’t need to know any code and you’re going to be able to have an amazing looking website by the end of this article so make sure to follow all of the steps and by the end of this article you’re going to have a great website looking good and ready to go.
The first thing is you need to have website hosting which is a place where your website’s actually located every website has a website host like Bluehost. Below, I’ll show you how to set up your Bluehost hosting and domain! Your domain is a place where people can actually go to get to your website now these normally cost around about 10 to 50 a year but Bluehost you’ll be able to get these for free and then you just need to install wordpress on your website and i’ll show you exactly how to do it. It’s super easy it’s literally just like one click and it’ll be installed so that’s all you need to do. You need hosting you need a domain name and you need to install Wordpress and then once all that’s done we can get onto the fun part which is designing your website and making it look awesome.
How To Create A Bluehost Account:
Before you can setup your website, you will need to register for an account, which includes providing some information about yourself or your business. To become an Bluehost customer, please visit bluehost.com/ and select the plan that works best for you. You can also create a second website on Bluehost if you want.
Read also: Bluehost Review – Is it worth it?
Here are step by step instructions:
Step 1: In a new tab, open https://bluehost.com.
Step 2: Click the ‘Get Started’ button. You are on your way to creating a Bluehost account.
Step 3: Select the plan you want! We recommend the $4.95/12 months if you are a beginner but if you are committed, then buy the longer plan ($2.95/36 months). Only buy the plus options if you need unlimited websites.
Step 4: Create a new domain or use an existing domain!
Step 5: Enter in your account information including your name, email, address, and phone number.
Step 6: Choose your package extras. I only recommend domain privacy + protection. One time I didn’t get domain privacy and then a ton of people started calling me and emailing me offering me website building services. This is because my name, phone, and email showed up in a public database that said I made a new website.
Step 7: Enter in your payment information and click submit.
Congrats, you have successfully created an account on Bluehost and can set up a website!
Read also: How to create an Amazon Business Account
How To Build A Website On Bluehost – Here’s How:
Now we can get onto the fun stuff – designing your website! The first thing to do is to create a password to log into Bluehost.
It will then ask you for information like what we want to name our site. Just enter your website’s target name and a tagline as well. Then you can say how comfortable you are with Wordpress/building websites.
Hit continue and then they’re going to install Wordpress first. It’s super simple! So now Wordpress is installed and all you need to do now is click on Wordpress and this will take us to our Wordpress dashboard where we can get started designing our website. This is what the Wordpress dashboard will look like.
We’re here at your wordpress dashboard now and as you can see it’s a little bit cluttered. This is because hosting companies always add in all of this stuff that you don’t really need so what i would highly recommend you do is go to the left here where it says plugins and click it.
Then click delete for all the plugins except the Antispam on and Yoast SEO. What this is going to allow us to do is have a nice fresh start and it’s not going to slow this website down with all of these plugins that we don’t really need. So once you’re happy with that click add new then we’re going to search for the plugin called astra. The plugin is called Starter templates. We’ll click install now and then we’ll click activate now.
With this step what we’ve done is created a full library of different templates or things which we can use for our website to make it look awesome. If we want to take a look at which ones we want to use all you need to do is click see library and as you can see they have a number of different pre-made templates for your website. So whatever you can think of they’ve pretty much created it for you and you don’t have to use any different coding html css whatever…
To have this yourself now for this tutorial i’m going to show you just free themes because a lot of people don’t really want to pay for templates but if you do want to get a more advanced theme or something that will suit you they also have premium themes but let’s keep this nice and cheap.
We’ll go to all and change it to free so we can see which ones we can choose from. As you can see there are still plenty of great Wordpress themes which are free from stores to personal sites to business sites to blogs pretty much anything that you want. I think for this website though I want to choose this theme here. It’s called mountain and it’s one of my favorites.
As you can see it comes with a home page which looks really fantastic but it’s also got some custom templates for different pages. Like your about page which has a nice grid. The services page is another way in which you can show off your information. It’s even got a contact page with a map.
For the next step all you need to do is click import! Import complete site and then click import. So it’s as simple as that. Once it says it’s imported successfully you can click view site and you’ll see that it’s created a fantastic looking website!
Already it’s got some dummy images and content here so you can change this super easy and i’ll show you how to do that in a second. Rather than having to code this yourself this has done a lot of the hard work for you. It’s fully responsive so it means that it works really well on your mobile or an ipad and you can see it’s got a lot of different sections here which we can really easily change. Now I think the first thing that we want to do is to change some of the images and the content on the website.
So one of the great things with this method of creating your Wordpress website is that you can use a plugin called Elementor which we’ve already installed when we did that installation. You can click edit with elementor and what this is going to allow you to do is edit your website so easily. It’s essentially like using a word document or using facebook all you need to do is hover your mouse over something. Just click and you can change exactly what you want.
Because it will be way easier to follow along with visuals, I will link to a video which picks up where I left off…
Advantages of a Bluehost account
Also, there are a lot of features and benefits which may make you think about signing up for a Bluehost Account. Some of these advantages of a Bluehost Account are;
- Easy to use and very beginner friendly: If you are making your website and need a hosting provider, bluehost will help guide you through the process.
- Great customer service: I use bluehost and I need help with connecting it to Wordpress. They offer great service over the phone or through chatting.
- Fast speed: Every second a website loads can affect how high it ranks on Google or how much money it will make. If it takes too long to load, all of your hard work is meaningless. Make sure your website loads quickly and use Bluehost to make sure the server speed is fast.
- Great security: Bluehost automatically adds a SSL certificate to your website which makes it secure. They also have things like single sign on, two factor authentication, token generation to talk to support and more!
- Low prices: If you don’t want high startup costs, use Bluehost. At around $2.95 per month, you can start a website with low capital.
- Free domain: Bluehost will give you a free domain for the first year of your hosting plan.
To summarize, Bluehost helps its customers save money on both setting up a website while providing excellent benefits. Also, they offer other services like custom emails and a website builder to help easily managing the business.
Downsides of a Bluehost Account
Despite the numerous advantages and uses of an Bluehost Account, some downsides to using Bluehost are:
- Website hosting renewal fees: Most hosting services do this but they offer a cheap price and you are charged more upon renewal. Bluehost only charges $2.95/month and when you renew it costs $9.99 per month. It’s a big jump but $10/month isn’t unreasonable.
- They try to upsell services: A lot of extra features like Sitelock Security or SEO tools show up in the checkout process and can be confusing. Most people don’t need this but Bluehost doesn’t clearly show what you might need. They just assume most people need this stuff so they can earn more money. In this picture, you can see what I am talking about.
- Expensive to migrate site to bluehost: Let’s say you are hosting with a company like GoDaddy then you read my article and realized you want to switch hosting providers. You may have to spend money to pay for the site transfer service they provide. So not the biggest deal but something to be aware of for the future.
- No Uptime Guarantee: Downtime is when your website doesn’t load and this can cause a loss of sales or negative SEO effect. An uptime guarantee will show they will make sure your site is always up and if it is down, you will be compensated. Like recently, Facebook was down for the whole day and their stock price plummeted.
These downsides do not in any way take away the worth of a Bluehost account. The enormous advantages and benefits of Bluehost overshadow the downsides and make it worth the low cost. I recommend using them as the hosting provider for your next website.
To summarize this article, a Bluehost Account is a great way to ensure you have great hosting that matches your business needs. With a 67% discount, you can end up paying $2.95 per month to host and set up your website.
Signing up for a Bluehost Account is highly recommended as it lifts the burden of setting up a website. It’s a very beginner friendly service with fast load time and good security.